Friday 27 April 2007

The day before yesterday (wednesday) Nadir and me went to Latin America's bigges shopping area. It was really big and crazy many stores. I got my self a map over Campinas. I never really undrstood why we went there. I thought Nadir wanted to by something but she didn't. I think she just wanted to show it for me..

In the evening I met Christiano. He's the Phd student that I will work with at the university. He was very nice, but he didn't exactly speak english fluently.. But I think it will work out fine!

Later I went out with Claudia and her friend Fabiana at a very nice friendly little bar, and I had my first Caipirinha. From the Rough Guide over Brazil:

The caipirinha - made from lime, sugar, ice and cachaça - is as intrinsic to Brazil as samba and football. The drink's simplicity, sweetness and tangy flavour have made it popular not only in Brazil but troughout the world. It's as painless to drink as lemonade, and therefore all to easy to forget about the alcoholic content until the folowing morning, when you're hit by a giant, thumping headache...

No comments: