Friday 27 April 2007

The UNICAMP

So, today I´m at UNICAMP for the first time. It´s a very big area just outside of the city. The whole landscape goes up and down and there are a lot of trees and green areas. It´s really nice! The university buildings are quite old, but totaly ok. And the internet connection seems to work really well! Every one here is very friendly and welcomes me to the Botanical Department.

This university is actualy very well respected, the best in Brazil and also knowned around the world.

The food here is very, very nice. It´s nothing like in Tanzania. Here they really know how to cook, which is of course very nice. There is a buffé with alot of different well prepered food and then you take what you want and then you put the plate on a scale. I thought then you should pay, but first you eat and then you pay. I asked if everone always pay, and they do. It would be very easy just to walk away, but people are to be trust here! That´s soo nice!!

Campinas seems to be a quite wealthy city. Though there are parts that are porer and parts that are richer. I live in a very nice area where it feels completely safe. I will move to Chris´s place in a few days. That´s closer to the university. This is where most of the students live. I will soon find out how it all is there..

The traffic is a little bit crazy. There are cars every where and it really seems like everyone has a car. People dont go by bicycle, and they dont seem to walk even if the distance is very short.

Though people are really making exercise. Yesterday I went to this nice park with a small lake and there cracy many people were out for a run (but of course they took the car to the park...). I was there with Marcelo (Alex´s brother) and he told me that in the week ends there are soo many people that goes to this park that they even shut down the traffic around it, because of all the people!!

Later today I will go to some bar in the university area. A girlfriend of Chris told me that the workers there are SOOOOOOOO handsome. Hihi..

Oh, a nother funny thing is that when you say hi in portuguese you say oi, sounds just like oj in Swedish. And of course I like every other swede I say oj all the time. The portuguese think its very funny that I go around and say hej, hej all the time..!

No comments: